All my albums with The Ex (the ones till 2009) are available in their very own Ex Mailorder web shop. (Search there under Categories.)
Most of my other releases are available via their web shop also. They’re in the section called SOK’S SHOP, which can be found here:
Some music is also available via my Bandcamp-page.
Coddiwomple – The Walk * other stories LP, 2020
• the very first album
Oiseaux-Tempête – From somewhere invisible LP/CD, 2019
• new album from 2019, released in October
King Champion Sounds – Cerebrum bum 7″, 2018
• The 2nd single, released by Paradiso Vinyl Club, out in November
King Champion Sounds – For a lark LP, 2018
• The 4th album, out in November
Oiseaux-Tempête – Tarab LP/CD, 2018
• Live-album, songs from the recent Al-‘an album and new stuff
King Champion Sounds – Fool throttle/Debby one day 7″, 2017
• Special single, made for Record Store Day
Action Beat & G.W. Sok – The world is fucked but I feel fine LP, 2017
• 2nd album together, recorded straightaway after our 26-gigs-in-26-days US tour
King Champion Sounds – To awake in that heaven of freedom 2xLP, 2016
• Eclectic double-album, 19 tracks
G.W. Sok – Listen to the paintersCD, 2016
• Compilation album with 14 examples of my recent collaborations
ALMOST NEW MUSIC
The And – The And 10″, 2015
• A project by half of Cannibales & Vahines: Nicolas Lafourest and me. Guitar and voice. Melody, soundscape, poetry. Six tracks to start with.
The And – Straw/Town of stone 7″, 2015
• The first 7″ by The And. A translated “Stroo” (of Jan Arends) and an old Ex lyric, both put to new music.
Filiamotsa – Like it is CD/LP, 2015
• Filiamotsa are from Nancy, drums and violin(s). I joined them on this new adventure. Seven tracks, including an Allen Ginsberg poem.
Cannibales & Vahinés – Songs for a free body CD/LP, 2015
• The third album (the second one with me), with nine new tracks. 50 minutes of sound unbound.
Cannibales & Vahinés – Mirror man 7″, 2015
• The first 7″ of Cannibales & Vahinés from Toulouse (them) and Amsterdam (me). Released on Record Store Day, as a warm-up for the new album.
The Ex – At Bimhuis 1991-2015 2xCD, 2015
• A compilation from 25 years of history of The Ex at the jazz club Bimhuis in Amsterdam. Twelve concerts and events with tons of guests from all over the planet.
Two Pin Din & G.W. Sok – Gifts, milk and things 2×7″, 2014
• Two Pin Din is Wilf Plum (ex-Dog Faced Hermans) and Andy Kerr (ex-No Means No), both on guitar. Plus me. Four songs, two singles, and one gatefold sleeve.
Action Beat & G.W. Sok – A remarkable machine 2×10″, 2014
• A 10-track double 10″ from Bletchley’s finest. The (usually instrumental UK noise band decided to team up with a vocalist for a change.
Detective Instinct – Black Floral LP, 2014
• D.I. is Oli Heffernan. He sends music to friends. which add vocals (including two of mine). The result is a 16-track album, released by Sickroom Records USA.
King Champion Sounds – Songs for the golden hour 10″, 2014
• The second album by Dutch/English seven-piece formation. Vinyl version sold out. Reissued on CD with gatefold sleeve.
King Champion Sounds – Sifferent drummer LP, 2013
• The first album by Dutch/English seven-piece formation (including Ajay Saggar, Oli Heffernan, me).Vinyl version sold out. Reissued on CD with gatefold sleeve.
Chapi Chapo & les Petites Musiques de Pluie – Robotank-Z CD, 2013
• French orchestra of toy music instruments, with .vocals by me on two songs.
Cannibales & Vahinés – N.O.W.H.E.R.E CD, 2012
• The second album of Cannibales & Vahinés from Toulouse, France, the first one with me on vocals.
Zoikle – Illusies 1+2 7″, 2011
• Rotterdam based band that included/includes me. Two songs, in Dutch.
Detective Instinct – #3 7″, 2009
• This is Oli Heffernan and me. Two songs. Our first collaboration, released on Sickroom Records USA.
G.W. Sok – Why can’t we all be happy all the time
2017 • Lyrics 2010-2016. 72 pages, riso-print. The stuff I wrote during the last seven years. Mainly in English, plus one bit in French.
G.W. Sok – A/B/C & She
2014 • A rather big postcard (8.5” x 5.5”) with a poem (or short story, if you like). Initiated and published by Half Letter Press from Chicago, USA
G.W. Sok – A mix of bricks & valentines
2011 • Lyrics 1979-2009. 384 pages, offset-print. All the stuff I wrote for The Ex and more. Mainly in English, plus a bit in Dutch. Also available via PM Press USA.
G.W. Sok – Livre un: Le début d’une belle frénésie
2011 • 76-page bi-lingual paperback with 26 poetic lyrics in both English and French.
G.W. Sok – Een klein zwartwit vechtbek manifest
2009 • Zeven ver-/hertalingen van teksten van de voormalige punkband Rondos (1978-1980). 12 pagina’s. (In Dutch!)
Kleij & Roest – Pantkrand 25
2008 • Verhalen, gedichten, collages, en heuse al dan niet echte reportages… Kortom de zin en onzin van een woonwerkpand. Onder redaktie van Kleij (die ben ik ook, soms) en Friso Roest. (In Dutch!)
Goeroe Overflakkee – Van god los
2000 • De 50 tweemaandelijkse columns die ik van 1993 tot 2000 schreef voor het destijdse alternatieve muziektijdschrift Opscene. 112 pagina’s. (In Dutch!)
ALBUMS with The Ex
Disturbing domestic peace 1980 • The Ex
History is what’s happening 1982 • The Ex
Dignity of labour 1982 • The Ex
Tumult 1983 • The Ex
Blueprints for a blackout 1984 • The Ex
Pokkeherrie 1985 • The Ex
1936, The Spanish revolution 1986 • The Ex
Too many cowboys 1987 • The Ex
Hands up! you’re free 1988 • The Ex
Aural guerrilla 1988 • The Ex
Joggers & smoggers 1989 • The Ex
Dead fish 1990 • The Ex
Scrabbling at the lock 1991 • The Ex + Tom Cora
And the weathermen shrug their shoulders 1993 • The Ex + Tom Cora
Mudbird shivers 1995 • The Ex
Instant 1995 • The Ex & Guests
Starters alternators 1998 • The Ex
In the fishtank 5 1999 • The Ex + Tortoise
Dizzy spells 2001 • The Ex
Een rondje Holland 2001 • Ex Orkest
Turn 2004 • The Ex
Singles. period. 2005 • The Ex
Moa anbessa 2006 • Getatchew Mekuria & The Ex & Guests
30 2009 • The Ex
DVD’S with The Ex
Beautiful frenzy 2004 • documentary from 2001
Building a broken mousetrap 2007 • live-concert from 2004
11 Ethio-punk songs 2007 • documentary + concert
The convoy tour 2008 • reportage + concerts from 2004